Wednesday 3 October 2018

Creepy Crafts Halloween Series #3 ~ Spooky Owl Card


Welcome to project #3 in my Creepy Crafts Halloween Series!

Today I have a spooky owl card for you that uses masking and blending techniques to create this fun colourful background, on what is mostly a black and white card.

I have used the wonderful Still Night stamp set (147670) for my focal image, which was carefully masked off too blend the background. I'm not going lie, fussy cutting those branches was not easy, but what a lovely effect it has created! Well worth it, I just love it.
The longest part of this card is the fussy cutting of masks and taking the mask carefully off. Other than that, it is so simple to put together. If Masking is something you would rather not do, you could stamp and die cut the images separate and lay them over your blended circle background. It would give a similar effect.
For the sentiment I used letters from the Pick A Pennant stamp set (146499) - a super handy stamp set if you can not find the right type of sentiment stamp!
Check out the tutorial below on how I used masking and blending for this fun spooky owl card. Grab a cuppa as its a little longer than my usual videos.

What you will need:
Thick Whisper White Card Stock (140490) - C6 card base
Whisper White Card Stock (106549) - 3 7/8"x 5 1/2"
                                                             - 1/2" x 4 1/8"
Basic Black Card Stock (146991) - 4" x 5 5/8"
Black Foil Sheets (147898) - 5 3/4" x 4 1/8"

Whisper White Bakers Twine (124262)
Layering Circle Framelits (141705)
Glossy Accents 
White Gel Pen - (from Paperchase)
Masking Tape

Inks; Memento Black, Pool Party, Fresh Fig and Night of Navy.
Stampin' Write Markers: Pineapple Punch and Basic Black.


Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. Please like, subscribe and let me know what you think in the comments below :)

Happy Crafting,
      AMIE

No comments:

Post a Comment